From seeing a live band at one of the many venues to enjoying happy hour sunset blvd, Hollywood has plenty of things in store for guests and locals alike. For something unique, check out these secret hollywood locations!
- Lake Hollywood Reservoir. You probably didn’t know that Los Angeles had a reservoir, and if you did, you probably didn’t know that it was rich with wildlife and abundant in water. This beautiful natural reserve is also just minutes from the heart of Hollywood. Enjoy an easy and flat 3.3 mile trail that loops you around the perimeter of the Hollywood Reservoir. You’ll also enjoy unique views of the Hollywood Sign so be sure to bring your camera!
- Hollywood Bowl Overlook. The Hollywood Bowl is probably the most famous outdoor venue in Los Angeles, but have you heard of the Hollywood Bowl overlook? With little effort, and absolutely no cost to you, you can see stunning views of the Los Angeles downtown skyline. From the overlook, you can also see the Hollywood Sign, the Hollywood bowl, and the Griffith Observatory. On a clear day, you might even be able to see all the way to the Pacific Ocean.
- No Vacancy. Step back in time to 1902 when speakeasies were plenty and burlesque shows were all the rage. This speakeasy, located right off the main strip of Hollywood might be easy to miss, but be sure to keep an eye out for this swanky bar that is actually located in a home that was built during the bygone days of Hollywood.
- The Old Abandoned L.A. Zoo If you’re looking for a unique ways to get outdoors and see what L.A. has to offer, a trip to the old abandoned zoo might be just the thing you’re looking for. This location is what remains of the original LA zoo before it moved to its current location. What’s left behind is truly a unique location that allows you to have a picnic lunch in what was once a former animal exhibit.
- Good Times at Davey Wayne’s. Do you feel like getting your groove on? If so, head to Good Times at Davey Wayne’s, one of the only 70s themed bars in all of Los Angeles. This funky retro bar serves up excellent cocktails as well as a secret entrance to the bar that you won’t soon forget!